Saturday 22 July 2017

A day trip to Loppiano

As part of my Florence adventure is to visit Loppiano http://www.loppiano.it/ as recommended by my friends at Focolare Movement.





At the Chapel....




This is the tabernacle, located behind the altar







Lovely people, it felt like I have known them so well...but only met them for the first time.


Elissa on my left is from Venice, on my right is Sister Feliciana from Philippines, Lisa from China and Tahira from Pakistan

with Paul from Philippines too






very warm hospitality and delicious lunch

tea time



olive trees

searching for next destination haha





these ladies has given me their precious time to tour me around, so grateful


At ceramic workshop
www.ceramicacentroave.it









with Aline, who was kind enough to fetch me and send me off to Incisa train station

Being new to Focolare Movement, I wanted to know more their history, mission and values. Hence, I emailed Loppiano for my arranged visit.

I spent about 5 hours in this lovely place called Loppiano and during this 5 hours, I felt everyone's warm hospitality, friendliness and love. These lovely people were so kind and humble. I was a stranger but was welcomed like a family, a very heartwarming experience.

I wonder when would I meet them again, until then...I am very grateful and blessed to have experience this even for a short time.



1 comment:

  1. Happy to know you finally made it and with a memorable experience. The photos also remind me of my short stay there. You can share this love experience in your own environment.

    ReplyDelete